Daisypath Friendship tickers

Friday, February 06, 2009

Wedding Bells

Ashviqha's Posting:

Last Saturday I attended Aunty Shobie's (mmm...sounds glamour ya !) wedding in Ipoh. It was a colourful night or shall I call it a 'Bhangra Nite'..LOL:) I was dressed in striking yellow 'pattu pavadai'. A little of lipstick, a little of eyeshadow...mmm I seldom get the chance to touch Mommy's makeup set but the other day Mommy was soooo generous.

The wedding took place in Ipoh town at about 6.40pm. We were there earlier waiting for the bride to arrive. Aunty Shobie looked so marvelous! I was pretty jealous to see her purple pinkish saree..what else can I can say? Purple and pink are my favourite colours. I told Mommy that I would love to get a pink or purple saree for my wedding in future. Ooops...Mommy gave a funny look...is it too early to discuss about my wedding saree!!

The wedding ceremony took about 1 and 1/2 hours. Mommy gave me some yellow rice to throw (bless) at the Bride and Groom. I asked Mommy the reason for blessing the couple with yellow rice. She gave plenty of explanation but I only picked up 2 ...I think Patti did not tell her the reason for this when she was young or she wasn't smart enough to ask the question....LOL:P

After the wedding ceremony they cleared the floor for a dancing session. Ohoooooo! I was really excited. I had my gang there so I was having fun running around rather than dancing. Then we went to Manju Attai's house for some ceremony which took about an hour.

We were back in Thata's house about 11.30pm and the next thing I knew was zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Some of the captured moments:

Sparkling yellow... (zoom in my face to see my beautician's work)


The Bride & Groom...Uncle Kumaresan & Aunty Shoba


Models of the day...Mommy, Manju Athai and Me

That's the dancing session..exciting session

Smiley...:)

Manju Athai and Suresh Mama feeding yogurt rice..yummy!

No comments: