Daisypath Friendship tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What's in Name

Levinkha's Posting:

I always wonder what my name stands for... Whenever I meet new people they always praise my name; such an unique name! Me being here for less than 18months wouldn't know what exactly it means. Finally got an anwers today. In Mommy's opinion name should stand alone..she says that Levinkha means Mr & Mrs Rames's daughter, that sounds practical isn't it? Why would anyone wants to have a name which means something else eg: Rose, Daisy etc..

It seems Mommy and PaPa were hunting for a name which suits me and the ending should sound 'kha' because they wanted my name and Akka's name to rhyme.

So I guess Mommy and PaPa had a tough time to get a name for me. Mommy said that she took almost two weeks to finalise my name, in fact they had a tough time to choose one out of three! They had 3 names for me:

LENISHKHA - (PaPa's creation)
LERINKHA - (Mommy's creation)
LEVINKHA - (PaPa + Mommy's creation)

Considering others factor such as numerology, they decided on LEVINKHA. But when Mommy was doing additional homework she discovered that 'Lev' means 'Tigress' in Russian Language. Thanks PaPa for giving me such a beautiful name and not like Mommy's ancient name..LOL:))

How did Mommy and PaPa come up with Akka's name ..ASHVIQHA. Also they had 3 names to choose from. Mommy said they were a bit excited to receive their first baby and they did some SMS poll to get the highest voted name. The names given were:

ASHVIQHA, ASHMITHA, ANAMIKHA

From the poll they decided on ASHVIQHA. Hey I like the 'Q' there, makes the name looks unique! Nothing compares to her charming eyes!! But Mommy why is it Akka has got hazel eyes and me with dark brown eyes?

No comments: